WordPress is the world’s largest CMS( Content Management System) which is used by 27% websites in the web. WordPress with it’s parent company Automattic are launching different plugins and themes to make blogging easier. They also update the version of WordPress with various new features. All the websites were using WordPress 4.6 until the release of WordPress 4.6.1 which was done yesterday. In this post we’ll learn features of WordPress 4.6.1.
Update of WordPress was done due to two major security issues,Â cross-site scripting vulnerability via image filename, reported by SumOfPwn researcher Cengiz Han Sahin; anda path traversal vulnerability in the upgrade package uploader, reported by Dominik Schilling from the WordPress security team. Here are other features of 4.6.1 same as it was in WordPress.org’s official blog. Problems solved inÂ WordPress 4.6.1 are
- PHP Warning: ini_get_all() has been disabled for security reasons.
- $collate and $charset canbe undefined in wpdb::init_charset()
- Issues with utf8mb4 collation and the 4.6 update.
- Backspace causes jumping.
- Emails fail on certain server setups
- Warning: curl_exec() has been disabled for security reasons (Requests library)
- The minified version of the Masonry shim was not updated in #37666 (Masonry library)
- Problems with RTR.
- And many more which you can find at: https://codex.wordpress.org/Version_4.6.1
These are the problems solved in WordPress 4.6.1. According to the WordPress here are the list of contributors;
Hulse, Drew Jaynes, Felix Arntz,Â Fredrik Forsmo,Â Gary Pendergast,Â geminorum,Â Ian Dunn, Ionut Stanciu, Jeremy Felt, Joe McGill,Â Marius L. J. (Clorith),Â Pascal Birchler,Â Robert D Payne,Â Sergey Biryukov, andÂ Triet Minyy
Hope WordPress 4.6.1 become malware free, hackers free, and bot free also. You can upgrade new version of WordPress by going to Dashboard>Updates.